Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

My resolutions are not exciting, and they're definitely not new. They're just the same old generic ones everyone makes each year. What's a little different is that I'm going to try a new method to achieve them, though. Each month for resolutions 1 through, I'll create mini goals that will help me achieve the larger ones. In no particular order, here they are:
1. Work Out More I do want to lose my baby weight, but with my changing body shape, I'm not sure what my ideal weight is. To achieve this resolution, I plan to set a goal each month for the number of 30 minute workouts I do each week. In January I'll start with a goal of two. I plan to work my way up to five workouts a week.
2. Save More Money I intend to undergo a number of month-long spending freezes starting with this month. I'll also get back into meal planning and challenging myself to a month-long freezer cleanout and a pantry clean out.
3. Finish a Few Craft Projects I'll set monthly goals to finish certain projects. January I'll start with etching the canisters for by brother and sister-in-law's Christmas present (we celebrate with them in January). I'll also finish my pregnancy scrapbook. I'd love to be able to show that off at C's first birthday party in April.
4. Learn to be Satisfied with my Life I love N and C so much, but there are aspects of my life that I'm not satisfied with. This resolution will require the most baby steps. In January I'll asses what I need to do and sketch my plan of attack.
5. Get More Organized and Manage Time Better I'll start with small tasks to get organized and work my way up to larger projects. By the end of the year, I intend to have an organized life that allows me time to do what I want to do.  This month I'll finish organizing my office and restart meal planning.
6. Read More Frequently With the other resolutions underway, I think I can clear about 30 minutes a day to read. It's not a lot, but with some consistent reading time, I can knock out a few more books this year.
Stay tuned  as for status updates and new monthly goals at the end of each month. Heck, I'll probably add status updates throughout the month, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment