Thursday, January 12, 2012

A New Year and New Resolutions

I'm a sap for resolutions. I know plenty of people think they're cheesy, but I want to improve myself, OK?

Anyway, this year I've written some specific resolutions and some open ended ones. My plan is to take the open ended ones month by month.

I've written out a specific reading challenge to broaden my horizons and read some books I've been meaning to read for awhile. Without further ado, my 2012 reading challenge:
  • Read at least 30 books.
  • Read a new or unfamiliar genre each month.
  • Read the books I've been meaning to get around to:
    • The Hunger Games 
    • Alice I Have Been
    • I Never Promised you a Rose Garden
    • Peace Like a River
    • The Last Lecture
    • The Creative Habit
In more generic resolution news, I'm going to lose weight! I have about ten pounds to lose to be at my pre-pregnancy weight, which was a comfortable weight for me. I'm going to lose it by Claire's second birthday on April 8th. This shouldn't be hard at all...

Moving along...I really don't have anything else specific. I'm just going to write my little goals for each month that are probably related to organizing, cleaning, crafting, finishing a project.

Do you write resolutions? Do you have any interesting ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment