Sunday, September 23, 2012

Winning Looks at the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards Ceremony

I find the Emmys more fascinating than the Oscars. Whereas, the Oscars are dry and feature movies I have yet to see (Seriously, my Black Swan the The King's Speech DVDs are still wrapped in cellophane),  the Emmys are slightly humorous and feature shows I actually watch (or have watched prior to the airing of the awards show). Still, my favorite part is the Red Carpet.

Some notable trends appeared on the Red Carpet. It seemed like Angelina Jolie's leg made multiple appearances on the Red Carpet this year. Everyone from Heidi Klum to Giuliana Rancic to Maria Menounos were channeling Jolie's much-talked about Oscar pose. Both nude and colored sheer dresses were popular. Elisabeth Moss and Ariel Winter rocked some gorgeous floral frocks.

Another trend I noticed that I didn't really like were odd criss-cross bodices. January Jones and Emily Vancamp wore it in different variations. After a few looks, I found January's dress quite stunning and very sculptural. As an art piece, it's amazing, but I can't imagine it's very comfortable to sit in.

Without further ado, here are my favorite looks:

 

Zachary Quinto


Archie Punjabi


Kate Mara


Elisabeth Moss
Giuliana Rancic
Aaron Paul
January Jones
Jeannie Mai 

No comments:

Post a Comment