Friday, February 17, 2012

My New York Fashion Week Top Picks

A fashion blogger, I am not, but I'm still fascinated by fashion, its impact on our culture and our current cultures impact on fashion. Here are some of my top picks from this week:

Calvin Klein from InStyle
Ralph Lauren wiped the floor with Calvin Klein, in my very humble opinion. Check it out:
How Gatsby of you Ralph Lauren! from InStyle

Love! Ralph Lauren from InStyle
Ralph Lauren's collection had a Gatsby feel, but also included menswear-inspired fabrics and cuts, black velvet, gold, fuschia satin and deep purple velvet. It was very rich, very fall and very chic.

Oooh, Cupid! Marchesa from InStyle
How apropo that Marchesa's line included several ethereal pieces that said "Cupid" to me. I loved the soft look they had.

Michael Kors from InStyle

Michael Kors from InStyle
Oooh! More plaids and unusual combinations from Michael Kors.
Sweet & Sexy~Oscar de la Renta
from InStyle
The cut, the flare: I love it all!
DKNY from InStyle
Power Woman! Jason Wu from InStyle
For fall 2012, I'll be on the lookout for black, black leather, lace, some feathers, menswear fabrics and cigarette pants. I don't think I've ever been more excited for a new season.

No comments:

Post a Comment